Friday, January 13, 2012

Things I Learned on My Walk Today

1. Five miles doesn't seem that long anymore.
2. No matter how cold it is -- and this morning was around freezing -- if you are wearing gloves and a wraparound scarf, cold ceases to be an issue after about seven minutes.
3. Knee braces really work.

I woke up earlier than usual this morning -- around 4:30 -- and was afraid that if I got back into my warm bed, I would have a really hard time leaving it on time.  So I saddled up Banks, and we left at 4:50.  I had to overcome my feeling that somehow, anything earlier than 5:00 AM seems more like "middle of the night" than "morning."  My right knee, which has given me problems on and off for about a year and a half, was aching a little this morning, so I strapped on the drugstore knee brace I'd bought back when the knee was really rioting. Wow.  The added support really does make a difference.   After I got home and stretched, it was less sore than it was when we started. 

Five Miles Does Not Seem That Long Anymore!  Seriously!  Thursday was my day off, and since I had done my five miles early Wednesday morning, it felt more like I had two days off, and by Thursday night, I was feeling a little itchy to hit the road.

The long weekend gives me the luxury of three days in a row of doing my walk at my leisure.  Enjoy yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment