Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday

It couldn’t have been more perfect.   I slept late (for me), allowed myself to watch several back-to-back episodes of “Sell this House,” and by 9:00 the sun was starting to burn off the edge of this cold, cold morning.  We left the house bundled up, and returned an hour and a half later with my hoodie tied around my waist, and sweat pockets on both sides of my long-sleeved T-shirt.  How perfect is Austin’s winter weather?  Sunny but brisk (in January!) during the day, bone-chillingly cold when it’s time to hibernate under the covers.  Of course, there’s a high price to be paid:  the endless 100-degree days of June, July, August and September.  That particular bridge is one I’ll cross when I’m forced to.

I need some new tunes on my ipod.  I need to keep wearing my knee brace, like I did again today.  I need to be better about stretching religiously.   
I need to keep reminding myself how lucky I am for the friends who are taking this journey with me.  My GNO group, plus one husband, went to the Dougherty Arts Center last night to support Janette (in turquoise) in her performance in “Conversations While Dining Alone.”  She reciprocated by taking us out for a later dinner afterwards.

 The Broncos and the Patriots at 7:00 pm.  Are you ready for some football?

No comments:

Post a Comment