Thursday, January 5, 2012

Money Well Spent

Yesterday I treated myself to a massage at Foot Relax, which had offered a Home Run (similar to Scoutmob, Living Social, Groupon) coupon –60 minutes for $22! It was heaven – I always ask for a female masseuse, but that wasn’t really an issue here, as you don’t take your clothes off – and Jason had VERY STRONG HANDS. Usually I ask them to concentrate on my back, but this time I requested extra time on my feet and the backs of my legs. Ahhhhhh. There is nothing quite like a sharp elbow digging into tight thigh muscles. Even though I started this New Year resolving to be more prudent with my money, I left there convinced that a monthly massage was going to be not a treat, but a necessity, to maintain this body over the long haul.
I guess RunTex is feeling the economy like everyone else – when I went to what used to be their store at the Triangle after work yesterday, it was no longer there.  So it was another evening walk in my crappy shoes, but the good news is, I found an awesome new route – straightforward and easy to track, without the heavy traffic and distracting smells (Banks’ weakness) on South Congress.  It’s a long residential street parallel to Congress, with well-lit streets and plenty of sidewalk access.  We created a 2.5 mile route, which we augmented with familiar 1.0 and 1.5 miles routes right in our neighborhood.  
Hoping to be better-shod tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment