Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Accountability

Today I woke up later than planned and didn’t have time for my five miles in the morning. When I got home from work, I was that kind of bone-tired that you get when you’ve been fighting off a cold and got little sleep the night before.  Ordinarily, that would mean I’d skip my walk (or whatever was my exercise plan for the day).  Today, I didn’t give it a thought.  As soon as I finished my tacos, I saddled up Banks, and off we went.  A blog.  Accountability.  It’s changing my life.
I’m making a game out of guessing how long I’ve walked.  Tonight I decided to listen to 22 songs on my Ipod, figuring that they were approximately four minutes per song, and as always, if I was short, could just make another trip or two around the block.  I walked in the door at EXACTLY the 90-minute mark.
Tomorrow I have two after-hour work appointments, and probably won’t be home til around 8:30.  And Top Chef is on at 9:00.  I don’t care what I feel like tomorrow, it’s gonna happen in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment