Thursday, May 24, 2012

Two Steps Forward.....


Ohhh, I feel good.  On the way home from work, I realized I was CRAVING a Greek salad, and stopped by the Athenian Grill for a to-go.  It was huge, and I ate all of it.  The result, of course, was lethargy and a bloated stomach.  As much as I wanted to lay down and, if not sleep it off, ride it out, I pulled on my shoes and left.  And left Banks behind.  I knew I needed a long and hard walk.  For God’s sake, I had planned to eat like a bird the week before the wedding, and now I’ve got this to contend with.

So I did my long-stride walk, trying to swing my torso around in a vain attempt to whittle my waist.  I walked all the way to Home Depot, where on a previous walk, I’d discovered a very cold fountain in the corner.  I walked the parameter of the outside of the building – must have been a half mile at least -- went in for a drink, then walked around again, got another drink (a couple of the clerks were looking at me strangely this time), then back to St. Ed’s, where I spent the rest of the walk lapping the soccer field and walking the short flight of stairs in the bleachers every time I passed them. 

I came home hot and sweating, gulped two big glasses of water and took a hot shower.  Now I’m ready for bed.  I’m comparing how I feel now with how I used to feel  before when I would overeat.  Uncomfortable, depressed, hopeless.  How many calories are in a Greek salad?  How many calories do you burn up by walking an hour and a half?  I’m not sure, but right now I feel even.  Balanced.  I blew it, but I’ll come roaring back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment