Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Fireworks

Banks, I love you, but tonight I just gotta be alone.

Just before work ended, I had two fiery exchanges with two different people.  Before you jump to any conclusions about my emotional stability, bear in mind that “fiery” kind of defines the work that I do – helping (or trying to help) parents come to an agreement regarding custody of their kids.  Stakes are high. Attorneys are involved.   Fireworks, on occasion, go off.

Jackson had taken Banks for short walks today, so I knew he’d be all right skipping the five miles.  When I’ve got a lot on my mind, I find myself impatient with Banks’ shenanigans (marking every tree he passes, lunging at dogs who particularly interest him….what is that, anyway?  We can walk past 12 dogs to whom he pays minimal attention, and then he’ll spot what looks to me like a very ordinary dog, and he goes crazy.  Canine chemistry?).
So I left him at home and went to the trail for a fast-paced, arm-swinging, eyes-straight-ahead-get-outta-my-way kind of walk.  My goal for this five miles was simple:  at the end of it, I wanted not to be seething.  It worked. 
I’m back.  I’m tired.  No energy to pour into stupid things.  Who wants an easy job, anyway?  I’m going to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the fireworks :-( Can you keep Sunday afternoon open? I've got a great idea for your 5 miles! Sorry, Banksy, can't include you this time. But we'll bring you back a treat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take bean917 up on their offer and get into some "shenanigans" of your own, (just don't mark territory as you do so......)

    ReplyDelete