Wednesday, May 9, 2012

1.6 + 3.4

I woke to the sound of rain this morning, and perverse as this may sound, one of my favorite things about rainy mornings is that my cat Wally, who insists on spending every night outside, and who seems to lack every other cat’s instinct for seeking makeshift shelter in a storm, comes in soaking wet and yowling, demanding to be towel-dried.  He loves being rubbed with a soft fluffy towel until there is no sign of dampness in his black fur, and then jumping onto his condo to eat breakfast.  It’s become kind of a ritual for us, and I think he likes it as much as I do.  I couldn’t have done my walk this morning anyway because I had other plans – my car was like 4,000 miles past its oil change, something I’ve always been very good about keeping up with, but for some reason lost track of this time around.  When I finally got around to checking the mileage that had been recorded by the mechanic last time, I freaked, and figured I’d better get the thing in there before my car exploded.

Yesterday, as I already reported, Banks and I did our walk in the morning, and when I came home from work lastn ight, I scarcely knew what to do with myself!  Should I watch TV?  I don’t even know what’s on Tuesdays.  Take Banks on just a short potty walk?  Jackson had already done that.  I finally settled on cleaning the house and doing laundry.
I had a downtown meeting at 3:00 today, and took that opportunity to walk the .8 mile there and back, leaving Banks and me with just 3.5 miles to complete, which we just did.  We're supposed to have rain on and off for most of the week, and we're both enjoying the cooler weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment