Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Four Months In


Another month, another 3.5 pounds. My sister Betsy had cautioned me against my giddy prediction at the outset that walking five miles a day meant I could probably eat whatever I want.  She had trained for a walking marathon and discovered that her body quite readily adjusted to the mileage and she could NOT eat whatever she wanted.
And yet....I AM eating pretty much whatever I want, and I still lost 3 1/2 pounds!  I'm sitting here, typing this, and snickering to myself, and I'm not sure why.  I still feel a little giddy about all this.  I'm at the point where almost everyone is commenting on my weight loss. (And I still find myself asking people to punch my thighs) .  An elderly man I work with came up to me yesterday and asked me, with a sly grin "Have you started modeling?"  I think I'm in love.  For the first time in my adult life, I find myself looking for pants that will show off my skinnier legs -- instead of covering them up.
So tonight's walk (at the trail) was happy and free-floating, and passed in a hurry.  It's strange, but I have discovered that classical music, more than NPR, KGSR or my iphone, puts me in a sort of zone where I'm not paying much attention to the music or my surroundings, but all of a sudden, here we are at five miles.
At Steve's party on Sunday, his next-door neighbor, who has gorgeous skin, told me that she washes it every night with olive oil.  What?? I shrieked.  Just plain olive oil out of the bottle?  She rubs it well into her face, almost giving herself a facial massage, then takes a hot washrag, well wrung out, and wipes it off.  I've done it for three nights in a row, and I LOVE the way my face feels!  Just to make sure she wasn't a complete wacko, I googled "wash your face with olive oil" and came across several testimonials.  Try it! 
That's my beauty tip for the week.  Check you tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. Three things; you do look GREAT, can't believe I am still not walking, congrats on 4 months, and I am buying a bottle of EVOO! Okay, that's 4. Here's 5, I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete