Thursday, May 31, 2012

Breakfast Interruptus

Just as I had planned last night, I got up as soon as I woke up (5-ish), and got ready for the 4.6 mile trip to Trudy's. This time, the pain in my toes eased up probably ten minutes in, so we are definitely making progress.  The walk was cool and uneventful, and I got to Trudy's about 6:45.  The place looked suspiciously dark.  I went up to the door, and learned they open at 2:00 pm!  Huh??? I distinctly remember eating breakfast there many times, and even checked the website last night, which contained their breakfast menu. I guess it's now one of those places that serves breakfast around the clock, but a 2:00 pm start time?  Are you kidding me?  I don't know what was more horrifying, not getting an immediate water fix, or postponing that first cup of coffee.

Luckily, Brian drove up just a couple of minutes later, and we went off to Kerbey Lane.  We noticed that Russell's next door was a lot less busy, and since we've been to KL many times, decided to try a new breakfast venue.  It was delicious.  Great coffee, exceptional migas, very attentive waitstaff. 
Brian drove me back to the office and I showered and dressed downstairs.  I loved starting the day that way, and I'm determined to repeat the experience. 

Like I said, the toe is improving, but me being me (clumsy), toe-stubbing incidents are going to happen again.  I googled "what is the cycling equivalent of walking five miles?" and the best answer I came up with was one mile of walking equals 7 miles of biking. (One lone voice offered, sagely, "There is no difference.  A mile is a mile," which cracked me up.) I'm fast-forwarding into the future, when I might really hurt a foot, knee, etc., and if I belong to a gym at that time, I can trade a 35-mile (stationary) bike ride for the walk.  IF I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO. I still cherish the idea of working through the pain or illness, and not missing a day for an entire year.  Hey, I'm almost at the halfway point.

No comments:

Post a Comment