Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It's Always Something

Today it’s my toe, the big one on my right foot.  It hurts.  It’s not a blister, it’s something inside.  I don’t see how I could possibly have bruised or strained it on my totally flat walk around the outlet malls on Sunday, but who knows?  When I first started this back in January, I used to lie awake at night, fantasizing about something catastrophic, like a broken leg, which would put an end to it all, but it’s the little things that keep cropping up and taking jabs at me.

Once again, a short but intense rainstorm last night.  I awoke to the unbelievable feel of cool weather outside, and for the first time in I don’t know how long, I grabbed Banks and raced out the door, at 5:15, on a work day.  No way was I going to waste this opportunity.  The storm must have been stronger than I thought – we passed several pretty decent-sized branches that had been ripped off their trees, and Banks had plenty of water puddles to drink from along the way.
I met Brian at Curra’s for breakfast, and I wish I’d brought my camera to show you her sleek, sophisticated new haircut.  She looks fabulous.  And as always, I came away from breakfast better than I was going in – able to look at a stressful work situation with some humor and perspective, getting a laugh out of our mutual foibles, comparing parenting stories, and sharing a bit of harmless gossip.  Thank you, sistah.

No comments:

Post a Comment