Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pain Free

Since I didn’t want a repeat of last night, I started my walk very shortly after dinner.  The downside, of course, is that it’s hotter then, so I took Banks for 45 (around St. Ed’s) and reserved the Steep Hills of Stacy for myself.  And I realized something startling tonight – my knees almost never hurt anymore!  When did this happen?  Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I took Aleve for them.  Well, now this is exciting:  I can’t remember the last time I took Aleve for a headache.  I used to do that rather frequently.  Maybe I was on to something a few weeks ago, before my two-week allergy attack kicked in.  Maybe I really AM getting healthier.  Maybe I am getting stronger.  Sometimes I have to remind myself that it’s not all about the aesthetics.

Crap, that Aleve-for-the-knees thing reminds me.  Remember when I bought my shoes from RunTex back in January?  As I recall, the salesman told me to buy another pair after three or four months.  That means I’m just about due.  I also remember him saying that once the shoes wear down, the knees start to hurt.  I’m going to be proactive and get a new pair before that happens.  My inherent cheapness recoils at the thought of shelling out another $110 when I’ve got shoes that appear to perfectly acceptable, but I have to remind myself that I’m a trained athlete now and need to start acting accordingly.  That was a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment