Monday, December 31, 2012

Almost Done

Today was supposed to be my last walk and blog, but I just can't bear to end it on such an ordinary note. I have some (minor) NY plans which will preclude a night walk, it was raining pretty steadily this morning, as well as over lunch, so I just got back from a five miler starting from the office, down to the trail, then around downtown. It wasn't sprinkling so much as misting, it was damp and cold and uninspiring, and most importantly, Banks wasn't with me.  I just can't wrap this thing up without him.  Tomorrow morning I'm taking us down to the lake and we're going to finish in style.  At least I'm hoping. When I went there this afternoon, the west side was fenced off, and someone told me that was because they're hoping to do a fireworks display tonight (good luck) and that part of the trail is where the ashes are scheduled to drop.  Hopefully it will be taken down tomorrow.

Yesterday I had to return Lynn's car, which I'd driven back from Houston, because she caught a ride with others a day later, so I decided to start my walk from there.  I don't think we'd ever walked that particular section of Travis Heights, which was super hilly and somewhat stressful on my left knee, so it was a relief to stay on flat terrain today.

Oh, God, I STILL haven't come up with a firm fitness plan.  Aimee texted me while I was walking with some brilliant ideas, including pole dancing (POLE dancing?).  One really inspired idea was to try something new every week -- there are always yoga, boot camp, TKD or other things offered free for a week, and she thought that could be a good method of cross-training as well.  Intriguing, but I am a creature of habit, and I think veering from one thing to another would be jarring for me.

So tomorrow we come full circle.  My first walk was January 1, 2012, and my last walk will be January 1, 2013.  That feels just right to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment