Saturday, December 8, 2012

Disconnect

The weeks-long absence of my car left me feeling disconnected from my blog in a way that I hated.  My walks had become frantic darts between poimts of transfer -- in street shoes -- with no time to ruminate or spend much time with Banks.  And now, of course, I've lost my phone, and all the tunes I had on it.  But I really wanted last night to count, so I dug out my old radio headset and took that along.  I'd forgotten how pleasant it was to be accompanied by blaring classical music.  I took Banks with me, but Jackson had taken him for a long walk earlier, and he started his let's-roll-in-the-grass routine early on.  I took him home after 25 minutes, and headed grimly for the Stacy Park hills.  Up and down, up and down, until my knees ached (worse than usual) but I didn't care.  It is still warm enough in Austin, Texas, to work up a sweat during a night walk, in shorts, on December 7.

No more word from my phone kidnappers. I went to the AT&T store and bought a cheap Go Phone to see me through the next week or so while I decide whether to buy a 5.  Replacing my beloved phone after two days would feel like buying a new dog after the last one's barely cold.  I need time to think.  Mostly I need time to think about how to avoid losing the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment