Sunday, April 1, 2012

Best Laid Plans

Here's what I didn't do this weekend:  Buy a hammock.  Buy a bunch of flowers and plants.  Take before and after pictures of my patio.  I did go to Lowe's and attempt these things, but the same thing happened that happened about this time last year.  I got overwhelmed.  There were thousands of living things there, some shade, some sun, and I forgot to make a note of how many flower pots, and what sizes, I needed to fill.  So I walked out. 

But I did walk five miles.  Everything else can wait til tomorrow.

I had a full and hectic morning in the nursery, lunch with Lynn, a meeting in Liberty Hill, and then home at about 6:30.  I was so tired.  I thought about taking a nap before Mad Men, then watching it, then walking, but I love that show so much, and I knew I wouldn't enjoy it if this thing was hanging over my head.  So I went at 7:00, and since Jackson had taken Banks for two walks today, and it was hot and muggy, I went alone.  What a workout.  The once-around loop at Stacy Park, but this time, I took Mary, Annie, Woodward and one other street from East Side to as far as they went up the hill, sometimes to Congress, and then back down the same street, left again on East Side, and up and down the next hill.  I was drenched by the time I got home.  A glass of cold water, a hot shower, and now Mad Men is on.  I earned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment