Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Lucky Day

I've decided to take Banks to the vet on Tuesday (my schedule won't permit any earlier), and beyond a couple of potty walks that either Jackson or I will take him on, that's the only walking I'm going to put him through until he gets checked out. His limp is not extreme, but it's there, and last night I noticed it in the evening -- before, it'd only been in the morning, which I attributed to typical early-AM stiffness. What if the vet tells me that all this walking has been stressful on Banks, and that he's pulled a hamstring or something? I'll feel terrible, and I'll let him rest as long as I'm advised to.

So, I took my walk alone today, and finally did a fairly early morning walk -- 9:30. For some reason, this particular walk was better than most. I had my newly loaded iphone, and was in an unusually good mood. It was the same old Stacy Park to St. Ed's route, but today somehow felt fresh and different.

Okay, here's what made today my lucky day. I've been putting off my taxes as long as possible (obviously), and finally walked in today, toting my W2s, my charitable deductions, my business expenses and my poorly masked anxiety. Last year I owed something like $1,700. This year? They owe me $600+. I think the taxes were done incorrectly last year, and so does my accountant, and we're looking into it, but today was a day for celebrating only.
That is, until Jackson and I went to see "Bully" at the Alamo. It was a great film, but prepare yourself. I can't remember the last time I got that emotional at a movie. It provoked deep, deep sadness, and I am afraid I'm going to be haunted by some of those young faces for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment