Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sick Day

I think I'm getting sick.  My throat has been scratchy the last day or so, and I keep coughing to relieve the itch.  I thought it might be allergies, but then I took Banks to the lake.  Let me back up.  I know I said I wasn't going to walk Banks again until we got to the bottom of his limping, but today his leg was fine!  No limping at all, even in the morning!  My friend Vicky emailed from Colorado after she read that blog, and said that when her husband used to run with their dog for long distances, he also developed a limp, and the problem turned out to be his pads were getting cut up.  I check, and Banks' are fine. 

So we drove to the lake, and the minute we got out of the car, it hit me.  No energy.  At all.  The walk was a plodding and shuffling affair; I must have looked like the walkers I see on the trail sometimes, and wonder to myself, Why do they bother?  Long experience tells me a cold is fomenting inside of me, and the only way to stave it off is to stay home from work tomorrow and sleep for hours and hours. That's it.  And I'll wake up Tuesday feeling just fine.

Cold aside, life is very good right now.  The walk has been walked, the blog is almost blogged, and .....a new episode of Mad Men is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment