Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It's Official

We have arrived at the time of year when Banks can no longer do five miles, at least on surface streets.  On the trail, he feeds off the energy of the other dogs and people, just like I do, and can stop for water. But the last two nights, when we did the Stacy Park and the St. Ed's loops, he started slowing down well before the one-hour mark. I hate feeling impatient and yanking at him, when it's perfectly understandable that he's simply getting tired, so I prefer to let him off the hook and just cut his walk in half.  So that's what we did last night and tonight.  I dropped him off, and was able to keep up my pace with no problem for the balance of the five.

Jackson loaded a bunch of new songs on my Iphone -- sadly, we've not yet been able to find "I Gotta Get Shorty Out of Jail" -- so I've got that support, as well as NPR and the  classical station from my new FM radio headset.  It's getting hotter and hotter, and I'm going to need all the help I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment