Thursday, March 1, 2012

Four More

Okay, first of the month, and it’s weigh-in time.  I’ve lost four more pounds.  So that’s 10 ½ in two months.  My sort-of goal had been 4-5 pounds per month, so I’m right on target.

More important than the actual weight loss is the way I feel, and look.  People are definitely starting to remark that I’ve lost weight (and they are always standing behind me when they say it), and some of my pants are starting to hang off of me.  Without actually having planned it, I can look back on February and say that I didn’t indulge in as many big dinners or other treats as I did in January.  And I’d better keep that trend up, because I assume the weight loss will start to taper off if I don’t alter my diet as well.

It feels so good to be back on my regular schedule.  I’d gotten into the habit of taking my “off” day early in the week, once on a Monday, even, and that to me was a sign of slacking off a little.  Banks and I went on a strange walk last night – I am so over St. Ed’s and Stacy Park, and last night wandered over to the access road of southbound I-35.  Lots of fast traffic, but also a nice uphill progression for several exits (as well as mostly sidewalk access).  It was different, but it got the job done. 

So here it is Thursday, and I’d be fine taking today off, but am going to try to do the walk after work and let Friday be my free day.

OMG, did you see the finale of Top Chef last night?  Paul, the wonderful Austin chef from Uchiko took top honors.  I already knew he was an incredible chef, and after getting to know him from the show, loved his humility and gentleness.  It would have killed me if either of the “mean girl” finalists had won it all.  Congratulations, Paul, you made Austin proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment