Friday, March 23, 2012

Trails, Woods and a Closed-Down Barbecue Joint

Yesterday I brought my walking shoes and clothes to work in case I had a chance to walk over the lunch hour, which I didn't.  I planned to just go home, grab Banks and go to the trail after work, but one look at the 5:30 traffic changed my mind. Instead, I changed into my walk clothes and took off for the trail. It's .6 mile there, .6 mile back, probably another .25 to cross the 1st St. Bridge to start, and then went past the 3.75 mile marker -- well over five miles, but I could have gone another hour, the day was so beautiful. 

The night before my son Sam came over with his dog Zeus, and we took our dogs to the trail in the woods behind my house.  Banks was in heaven.  He and Zeus would chase each other around, then run at top speed neck-and-neck for a while.  He was feeling so full of himself that he would bound over to a downed tree branch, or a huge rock, and carry it around as long as he could.  Here's a picture of the two of them cooling off in a stream they found. 


I am freaked.  As I said in my last post, I'd planned to pick up bbq from Artz for Wednesday night, but when I called to place my order, the phone just rang and rang with no pick-up or voice mail.  I showed up anyway, to find a "CLOSED" sign on the door.  There were four other people there, as distraught as I was by this turn of events.  Maybe just an emergency closing?  A small glitch in the kitchen?  I'll be monitoring this situation.....

No comments:

Post a Comment