Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happy Trails

Today will be my day off for the week - it's a very busy one, and I'm opting for take-out BBQ from Artz Rib House tonight with my boys -- but just wanted to mention last night's walk.  This was my first lake trail walk since Daylight Savings Time.  Around 7:00 pm is a magical time there -- almost as many dogs as people, and a totally different vibe from the 5:30 am Type A crowd.  Everyone is so much more relaxed, the insanely happy dogs are throwing themselves into the water, and even in the midst of all that, here we all are trying to get fit and healthy.  I begged Jackson to come with me -- he's just started running, and, incredibly, has never been on the trail -- and he did.  He couldn't believe how hard it was to walk five miles (he's 19!) and trailed behind Banks and me most of the time.  I think I gained a little respect in his eyes last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment