Sunday, March 18, 2012

Goodbye to SXSW

Banks and I got back from our walk about an hour ago, and my son, coming out of his room, was treated to probably the dorkiest sight of his life:  his mother, marching in place, arms swinging, knees high.  I had five minutes to go, and after bringing Banks in, just didn't want to go back outside again, so I completed the hour and a half in a new way. 

As much as I love South by, I'm glad to bid it goodbye.  South Congress was completely taken over, which eliminated two of Banks' and my go-to routes:  the hike-and-bike trail, and the 2 1/2 mile trek north, and backtracked south, on So. Congress.  Just the drive south on Congress from work, which usually takes about ten minutes, stretched to 35 on a really bad day.  I'm looking forward to my full options returning this week.

I did several loads of laundry this weekend, and when I took my pile of whites out of the washer, my heart sank as I saw a square inch of metallic green at the bottom.  My ipod.  Of course it'd dead.  On the other hand, I was getting the sense from some of my cooler friends that the ipod is kinda old school. 

Aimee, how do you download tunes on your iphone?

1 comment: