Thursday, March 8, 2012

Humidity

Wednesday became this week’s day off.  It was one of those days when I came home from work, decided to take a nap, and the nap turned into 9 ½ hours.  The heaviness of rain is in the air, and that always seems to take the energy out of me. 

So I had a very early appointment this morning, couldn’t make my walk, and planned it over the lunch hour.  But something came up, and I had to defer it even further.  Aimee helpfully pointed out that there is a 100 percent chance of rain this evening, and when was I planning to do this?  So I worked through lunch, and hit the trail at exactly 2:43.  It was so incredibly humid – I drank deeply from every single fountain that I passed, and never had to go to the bathroom, I just sweated it all out.  Got back to the office, used the downstairs shower and finished up the day.
I no longer have to use an alarm clock.  My cat Wally insists on going outside after dinner, and usually refuses to come back in at bedtime.  By about 4:30 or 5:00 am, he’s decided he’s cold or hungry, positions himself right outside my bedroom window and proceeds to serenade me with what I can only describe as distressed yodeling.  Anyone with a cat knows exactly what I’m talking about.  I’ve tried ignoring him, but he only ramps it up.  And if you’re asking the perfectly reasonable question “Why don’t you just keep him inside after dinner?” please refer to the above description, but amend it to “indoor distressed yodeling.”

No comments:

Post a Comment