Saturday, March 17, 2012

Back on Track

My knee felt so great yesterday that I ditched my plan to continue the "incremental" walk until the weekend.  I got home a little late, around 7:30 or 8:00, and cognizant of the fact that SXSW was happening virtually outside my door, and half of Austin was participating, I sighed, grabbed Banks, put on my shoes and rushed out the door to get my walk in.  For the first time since I've started the walks, I realized, a few blocks in, that I had neglected to look at the time when I left.  And I hadn't brought my stopwatch, so I really had no idea.  I went back to Stacy Park to see how it looked since the rains (you'd never know they happened), but instead of our usual twice-around loop, we did it once, and then headed into the hills of Travis Heights. 

We took the exact same route today, just to see if we had hit the five miles yesterday, and it was very close, just about five or seven minutes short.  I dropped Banks off and made up the rest myself.

I know it's Saturday, and I know it's South by Southwest, but pay heed to my friend Roger's quote:  "Nothing screams 'I'm an alcoholic' like getting drunk on St. Patrick's Day."

No comments:

Post a Comment