Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Another Destination Walk

Last night my fabulous real estate agent Cathy Trifiro invited me and my sister to dinner (both of us have been her clients).  Ever on the lookout for a destination walk, I googled how many miles her house was from my office -- 7.2 miles.  Too many.  I tried out a few more locations, and finally settled on the big HEB on 41st and Red River.  From there to her house was 4.8 miles.  So I parked there, walked from the far northeast corner of the parking lot to the entry off of Red River, figuring that filled in the remaining .2 distance, and started out.

It started out hot and muggy but got cooler and windier as the walk progressed.  It was a VERY simply walk -- north on Red River, west on 45th, north on Shoal Creek.  I was never without a sidewalk, and it's amazing how far I've come in the "It takes a lot to make me self-conscious" game.  I used to feel a little conspicuous when walking on heavily trafficked areas, but with my sunglasses and sneakers on, I just go for it.

We had a fun dinner of wine, salad, bread and grapes and talked about dating (or not dating), shoes, kids, work, hair and mutual friends.  A fun girls' evening in.  And if you're buying or selling, you couldn't ask for a more hardworking, dedicated, honest and screamingly fun realtor than Cathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment