Wednesday, November 14, 2012

zzzzzzzzzz

Oh, God, do you know how TIRED I am tonight?  Normally I can't wait to blog, the day just doesn't seem complete without it, but about ten minutes ago, after I got back home with Banks, I stumbled back to my room, couldn't wait to go to bed (it's 8:20!), then remembered I hadn't blogged yet, and since I took off yesterday, I couldn't go two days without writing anything, so....

I didn't sleep well last night, and I think I sensed over the lunch hour that tonight could be a challenge, so I took a 1.2 mile walk -- I measured it later -- over lunch, then after dinner tonight (an ENORMOUS baked chicken breast that I shared with Banks, and white rice, both of which are now settled uncomfortably in my midsection) I waddled, uh, walked another 3.8 miles and here I am, bleary-eyed, almost too tired to take out my contacts, and dying to get to bed.  I need to check the weather -- is there pollen, or cedar, or mold, or something out there?

Oh, but I have to tell you about Janette's birthday!  We had dinner at Carmelo's, and every single dish was so fantastic, but man was it rich!  Maybe that's what today is all about -- maybe the escargots, wine, lasagne, bread, and garlic are still in there and draining the life out of me.  It was worth it.  And for dessert, Janette wanted Bananas Foster, which I've never had before, but it was divine.  I took a few pictures of the tableside presentation, but alas, missed the big flame.  I have a new favorite dessert, and it doesn't contain a drop of chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment