Thursday, November 1, 2012

Wet Blanket

NOTE:  THIS is the lost blog from 10/31!

Whatever is the Halloween version of the Grinch, that's what I am tonight.  After a full day of  celebrating at work (costumes, trick-or-treating, big potluck -- oh, we're a fun bunch -- I could not face another piece, let along bag, of candy. So at 7:10, when it was starting to get dark and you could see the kids starting out, I turned out the lights and took Banks on our walk.  Believe me, I had some serious calories to work off.  We started out at Stacy Park, just because I wanted to get some hill work in, but spent a fair amount of time on South Congress, because I thought there would be some fun action there.  Alas, no....I guess all the revelers were on 6th St.  There was lots of traffic, but no one walking around in costumes. 

Wasn't this megastorm, Sandy, kind of anticlimactic?  I mean, I suppose it lived up to its hype, probably beyond, as far as damage goes, but since loss of life was minimal as compared with, say, Katrina, it just didn't get everyone talking like I would have expected.  All the talk was before it hit, and then it hit, and now it's.....over. 

Happy birthday, Jackson! Of course you were born on Halloween.  On what other day would you possibly have made your arrival on planet earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment