Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I already miss Banks

As I had planned, I walked to breakfast at Mi Madres on Manor Road this morning to meet Brian for breakfast.  My left knee was hurting the whole way; I know I'm due for a day off, because it always feels better after 24-hour rest.  However, I'm inclined to push it tomorrow and fit in another five before we leave for New Orleans, because sitting in a car for eight hours, with my muscles cramping and my joints locking up, does NOT seem to me to be a quality "day of rest."  I'm envisioning a day of relaxed walking, maybe through the French Quarter (maybe with a glass of wine in my hand), complemented with stretching.  I'm really going to try to get packed and be totally ready to go tonight so I can do this.  It's so much less stressful to pack for a drive than for a flight!

Brian's two rescue dogs, Roscoe and Cosmo, sat in the car patiently while we ate, and then we drove them to their 8:00 AM appointment at PetCo for baths, brushing and nail clipping.  They are SO adorable. Brian and Mark got them from the pound almost seven years ago.  They were deliberately looking for a "sibling group" and fell in love with these two, who were 3 1/2 at the time.  Only problem is, both had epilepsy.  And hip dysplasia.  They talked it over, decided they were up for the challenge of two "special needs dogs," and have never looked back.  Honestly, why would anyone want anything BUT a rescue dog? 


No comments:

Post a Comment