Thursday, November 1, 2012

What happened?

Okay, I walked last night and I blogged before I went to bed.  Where the hell is it?  It was nothing special -- I didn't take Banks, I called Jackson ahead of time to walk him, it was Halloween, I wanted to climb a few hills so I stayed close to Stacy Park but also ventured out into South Congress, because I was sure there would be a little wildness there, at least a FEW people in costume, but there were none, they all must've been on 6th St.  WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT BLOG?  In the past there have been a few times when I totally lost what I had typed, and then it ended up in the "Draft" box. Right now I can't even find the draft box.  Aimee!!!!????? 

Well, I'll find it and post it, but back to today.  OMG, you would not have believed how much candy I (and everyone else in my office) ate yesterday.  Today I woke up resolved to start November off on the right foot.  My Egg McMuffin for breakfast, a spartan salad for lunch, and unfortunately a burrito from Chipotle for dinner, but I only ate about 2/3 of it -- the rest is in my office mini fridge.  I'm hanging here after work because tonight is our second book club meeting, this time at 7:00 pm at Mozart's.  I don't know how reliable Lynn's source is, but she claims that Ryan Gosling has been spotted at Mozart's innumerable times.  We're hoping for the best.

So anyway, I came in early, worked through lunch, and earned the right to go to the gym at 3:30.  This time I remembered to bring my knee brace.  And once again, my knee, but mostly my upper -- way upper -- thigh/hip started aching any time I got over about 3.6, so I kept it there, but I did stretch myself a bit in that I jacked up the incline to 5 on two separate occasions without too much discomfort.  This was probably the first time I've been to the gym in a month.  What a waste of money this has turned out to be, but again, come January 1, I think I'll be using it a lot more, so I'm going to hang in there and keep having that $32 deducted out of my check.

Alone in the building, I shut my office door and laid down on my partially deflated tennis ball. Oh, God, it feels so good to put all that pressure right on the pinched nerve!  You do that for a while, then when you've gotten to where you can stand the pain, you start shifting around a little bit, and working on the areas surrounding the nerve.  Who needs a $60 massage, anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment