Thursday, November 22, 2012

Life's Better with a Dog

I just had to get that out.  This morning, I was sitting in PJ's, a little coffee shop on Magazine Street, watching people walking their dogs, and sitting outside reading their newspapers and drinking coffee with their dogs at their feet, and it just came to me:  "Life's better with a dog." I've got to do something with that. Wouldn't that be a great line for a public service announcement?  Like for the ASPCA, or the Humane Society?  Videos of people playing frisbee with their dogs, riding in their cars with their dogs, snuggling on the couch with their dogsj, and then either a voiceover or fade to the tagline:  Life's better with a dog. 

We got into New Orleans with surprisingly little traffic at about 5:00 yesterday.  All nine of us went on a five-mile walk this morning to and around Audobon Park, then watched football and cooked -- well, some of us cooked -- ate dinner, and then play a trivia game called Smart Ass.  Most of us are staying in a three-level house that must be 100 years old.  I love New Orleans.  The people here remind me of Austinites -- friendly, laid-back, a little eccentric.  I love hanging with my family.  I love the food, and the fact that most of it is remaining in Keene's and Kristin's apartment, out of reach.  I can't wait to  explore the city in earnest beginning tomorrow.  My only complaint is that Banks isn't here.  I miss him.  Life's just better with a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment