Monday, November 12, 2012

Look out, World....

Okay, let me hurry up and recreate yesterday’s walk before it’s gone forever.  We did it early, about 8:30ish, I think.  This time I brought Banks and nothing else, didn’t want to listen to music or a Fresh Air or This American Life podcast, just wanted to keep all distracting noise out of my head while I meditated on the car issue.  It’s funny how that process works – I don’t start out thinking, I’ve got to solve this problem, and I’ll use the next hour and a half to come up with a bunch of solutions.  I just start walking, let my mind wander where it wanders, and it DOES wander, freely and creatively, and when I came back, I had no less than six pretty decent ideas.  It was the most unfocused and freewheeling walk we’ve taken in months, following no particular routes that we’ve blazed before, and maybe that’s part of my “process.”  Could someone please come up with a new phrase for “thinking outside the box,” which I think matches the metaphor I’m struggling to articulate here.

This morning I also didn’t take my phone, but only because it was dead, but who needed musical or talk support when the weather was sunny and cold and fabulous?  Banks and I walked took two separate trails through the woods, then down to Stacy Park, and when we got back it was exactly 1.5 hours.  I’ve got the day off and here’s my first order of business.  Jackson, Banks and I are going back to those woods, and I’m going to have Jackson snap some pictures of me and Banks for match.com.  Isn’t that what they say you’re supposed to do?  Show yourself in different settings so potential dates see the different sides of you?  Outdoorsy, sexy, social, zany, contemplative…..I think I’ll wait to get a few photos of myself in New Orleans over Thanksgiving to really round things out.  Look out, world.   
Skyfall, the new James Bond movie I saw last night, was GREAT!  Even if you’re not normally an action movie fan, which I’m not, it’s a blast from start to finish – it was just under 2 ½ hours, and while I usually get fidgety at about two hours, I was never bored, and was even disappointed when it was over.  Even more fun, just as we were entering the theater, Dan Rather was coming out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment