Sunday, June 10, 2012

Golden

I never hold back from letting you know when I'm stressed, anxious, down or uninspired, so there's no reason not to be upfront about the other times.  Remember my Friday walk, which I thought was one of the best so far?  Saturday's was like that, and so was today's.  I'm in a zone.  I have to confess that I did not take Banks for either of them.  I wanted to be free and move fast.  Yesterday was cool and early in the morning; today's started at 5:22, and was blazingly hot and humid.  I didn't care.  Not once did I whine to myself about the lack of water.  I sought out the steepest hills and did them twice. 

I  haven't eaten much this weekend.  When I walked these last two days, I kept thinking about how strong my legs were getting, how my body was reshaping.  I want to ride this train as long as it's moving at this speed.

It's the normal ebb and flow of a project like this, I know.  It won't last much longer.  But for a fleeting moment, it's easy.  I feel golden.

Hey, I forgot to tell you something I learned on my winery tour.  Michelle, one-half of a couple on the tour with us, is a bona fide foodie, and she told Brian and me about a faddish but delicious trend.  You take a box of dry cake mix (she recommends dark chocolate), and blend it with a can of pumpkin -- not one of those huge cans you see at Thanksgiving, but just a regular 12 or 16-ouncer.  She said you'll feel like you should add water or oil because it's seems so stiff and dry, but just blend it the best you can, don't add any of the other ingredients the cake box lists, make it into a loaf or cupcakes and bake at the time and temperature the directions say.  She swears it's delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment