Monday, August 20, 2012

Unfettered

I know it’s ridiculous to talk about a “nip in the air” in late August, but I swear it was there – or at least a good imitation of it was – when I got up this morning. I had made two long home visits over the weekend, so didn’t have to go into the office til 11:00, and felt like I had the whole morning to take my walk, but it was beautiful out and I didn’t want to wait. It was a partial Banks, and partial solo walk; partial neighborhood streets and partial Stacy Park hills.

My transformation into a SoCo hipster continues. My transition to the credit union, and away from the evil empire Wells Fargo is about 75 percent complete. I’ve been talking with the thirtysomethings in the office and am just about to make the BIG leap– to drop cable and replace it with Hulu, Netflix and Amazon. Can I really do it? Can I give up Monday Night Football and (especially) CNN? I think I’m ready. To not sit mindlessly in front of the TV and let it feed me whatever happens to be on, and to take advantage of whole seasons of fabulous TV shows that everyone has always raved about.
What’s next? A tattoo?

No comments:

Post a Comment