Saturday, August 18, 2012

Banks is BACK

Five miles today!  I figured if it was going to be any day, it would be today.  We had an incredible rainstorm this afternoon, a bona fide downpour, and it's cooled things off a bit.  So around 7:00pm, I took a chance on Banks at the Town Lake trail.  Somehow I knew he'd come through, what with the frequent water stops, the energy of the other dogs and runners and the overall cooler weather.  Actually, I'm the one who's hobbling right now.  I wore the brace on my left knee, which has been really hurting, especially when I first stand up, but all that seemed to happen was that the pain shifted from my knee to my calf (a really uncomfortable muscle in the front right part) and to what feels like a pinched nerve in my left glute. God, it's always something. 

Two more Sundays of nursery duty, and then I'm done until next summer.  As much as I love the babies, I cannot wait to reclaim my Sunday morning coffee and two-hour read of the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment