Friday, August 10, 2012

New Record


I had an 8:30 meeting this morning.  I rushed to my office, threw my lunch in the fridge, and raced across the street, on time.  I got back at 10:30, opened the fridge, and found my cell phone sitting atop my container of yogurt.  Please tell me this was not a fatal error.  I seem to be having trouble retrieving my mail, but the other features are working okay.

Remember the marathon in Omaha I mentioned a while back?  I had been putting off making my reservations, or even officially entering, until I figured out whether they accepted walkers, and finally I learned that they did (NOTE TO SELF: start with the FAQs).  I got my ticket through American Airlines for a whopping $96!  Those two near-crashes I experienced on my Virginia trip in January were well worth the $250 offset).

As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I’ve got to kick up the mileage in order to feel ready to face 26.2, so tomorrow is going to be my biggest mileage day so far.  I’m meeting Barbara at Trudy’s on Burnet Road for breakfast, and how perfect is this?  The walking distance is exactly 7.5 miles from my office!  As soon as I saw that, I knew it was meant to be.  We usually meet at 9:00, but I persuaded Barbara to make it 8:30 out of respect for the 100+ degrees the temperature will be soaring towards even before noon.  And this time I’m going to remember to apply Glide – chafing was the only real problem I experienced during/after my 11.5 sojourn.  Geez Alou, as Frank Romano would say – was that just last Saturday? 

I love Trudy’s breakfasts, and am SALIVATING over their menu!  It’s going to be biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage and a gallon of coffee – with 15 miles to walk it off, I am not going to hold back.

No comments:

Post a Comment