Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hair Crisis

Yesterday I felt lazy (maybe from all that Valentine’s Day candy people brought in to work) and decided to let Tuesday be my off day. I had an early morning meeting so I couldn’t do my walk with Banks before work today. So, because of dinner plans later in the evening (the County Line with my sister and our sons), I decided I’d better be creative and fit it in during the day.
Back story – my hair is both straightened and colored, and apparently I had those two procedures done without enough time between them (though I did wait the recommended period). After my coloring a few weeks back, I noticed the hair breaking at the crown. I didn’t think much of it, but then more and more started to break off, and I started having nightmares that I had a mullet. Right now I’ve got kind of a Ron Wood/Rod Stewart thing going on. So I called my hairdresser David, and he told me to come in for a look. His place, The Art of Subtraction, is 2.8 miles from my office. With what I planned to eat later on, I was actually glad to walk a total of 5.6 miles. So I worked through lunch, and started over there on foot just after 4:00.
South 1st, which is where David is located, is insane at rush hour, and I hated the closeness of the cars to the sidewalk and, as usual, how fast they were going. But I was on a timeline, and stayed focused. David gave me the good news and the bad news -- yes, there's a lot of breakage, but with good conditioning products (he gave me two) the worst is over.
I rushed back to the office, sponged off and headed out to the County Line. The beauty of exercising close to dinnertime (for me, anyway) is that it decreases your appetite. So even though it was an all you could eat meatfest, I had one rib, a few small pieces of sausage and only two paper-thin slices of brisket.   And I took a great picture, but can't seem to post it.


1 comment:

  1. Hair is like delicate silk, products help, glad your crisis is over, sorry I didn't even notice the Rod Stewart look, love his hair! Good job on the close to 6!

    ReplyDelete