Monday, February 6, 2012

Two Blogs in One

Yesterday was Superbowl Sunday, and I knew I'd be eating more junk than usual, so chose the downhill-uphill South Congress route again to burn the calories more effectively.  It was soooooo cold and a bit rainy, but I wanted to get it out of the way, so left the house at about 8:00.  I left  Banks behind -- he looked pretty unhappy but I know that boy, and he would have been a lot more unhappy had we been caught in a downpour.  Luckily, that didn't happen. 

Since he missed yesterday, I really wanted to take him this morning, but after all the Superbowl excitement, not to mention Downton Abbey's latest developments, I again had a fitful Sunday night sleep and couldn't get it together in the morning.  I took one more chance on the Lady Bird Lake trail over the lunch hour and am pleased to report this outing was much more successful -- .8 miles each way to and from the trail, then half way between the 1.5 and 1.75 mile markers, double back, and I got just over five miles.   Cold enough that I hopefully didn't stink when I got back.

If I have to take a sleeping pill to get a good night's sleep tonight, I'll do it.  No way am I leaving Banks behind three days in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment