Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tortured Math

Okay, bear with me, because it's complicated and I'm sure you find it a lot less interesting than I do.  I did 2.5 miles this evening, and I'm done.  Can't do any more.  I'm exhausted, all I want to do is fall into bed, but I can't, because I haven't even packed yet, and I lost my check card, and my sister is going to have to front me cash for this weekend jaunt, and I am STRESSED!  But I'm always like this just before a trip, no matter how small.  I'm anxious about leaving my animals and home behind, I worry I've left loose ends at work. 

So, back to the 2.5 miles and the tortured math.  My original plan for this week was:  walk Monday and Tuesday, take the day off Wednesday.  So far so good.  Walk Thursday, take of Friday and Saturday before the marathon, walk like crazy on Sunday, take off Monday and Tuesday and gradually transition back to five a day.  The crucial part of this is that it still has to add up to 30 miles per week, and if I walk 2.5 on Wednesday, then 5.0 on Thursday, I'm completely back on track.

At least I feel ready for the marathon, if not the trip.  Aimee lent me her Velcro Ipod armband, and also gave me an Itunes giftcard, and I hope I have time to have Jackson download some new tunes for me tonight.  I flirted with the idea of wearing two knee braces for that distance, but decided I'd look ridulous, so I'm going to wear it for the first 13 miles on my left leg, for the remaining 13.2 on my right leg.

Okay, I'm too exhausted to pack, I'm going to make an early night of it and set the alarm for 4:00 AM.  See you in Omaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment