Monday, September 17, 2012

Flattening out

Although I fully intended to go into work today, around 7:30 I realized that on my actual birthday, I really wanted a fun, relaxing day to myself, so I took some vacation time.  Very early on, Banks and I did our walk.  Stacy Park's creek is still high and rushing, and I know from experience that Banks loves it like that, so off we went.

The first round, with Banks, was moderately paced and pretty flat, and since it was exactly 45 minutes when I brought him back, I replicated it exactly.  I decided along the way that until I do the marathon on Sunday, no more hills for me.  I'm going to put as little stress on my knees as possible, and my plan right now is to probably take off tomorrow, walk Wednesday and Thursday, and then take off the Friday and Saturday before the marathon.  For just this one time, I'm going to have to break my rule about not letting "off" days on different weeks overlap.  It's just not going to be possible since my week starts on a Monday.  So, after I walk on Sunday, I plan to take off Monday completely, probably go a couple of miles on Tuesday and Wednesday, take off Thursday and get back into the swing of it on Friday.  Of course, all this is subject to change depending on how I feel, but no matter how I feel, it's still going to add up to a total of 30 miles for the week.

I feel better today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment