Sunday, September 30, 2012

One Looks Pretty Much Like Another

Now, this is a first.  Yes, I sometimes combine my Saturday and Sunday walks into one blog, but today was the first time I could not remember my walk from the day before.  Was it a morning, afternoon, or evening walk?  What was the weather like?   Have I just done so many walks that they have finally run together into one long strand, or am I in the early stages of dementia?  God help me

I sat and really thought about it.  Okay, it’s coming back to me.  Friday night’s rainy walk had left me feeling a little like I was coming down with a cold; I got up at 6:30, because I had a fairly early morning meeting at 8:30.  That lasted a couple of hours, I came home and walked THE WHOLE THING with Banks through both Big and Little Stacy Park because we both love the high and rushing water  there after a rain.  We came home and went immediately back to bed – I’ve found that sleeping is the most sure-fire way to stave off a cold. 

This morning I was meeting Sam at Le Madeline for breakfast at 9:00, and did my walk upon rising.  What a disappointment.  A cold front was supposed to have blown in, but it was mostly a blustery wind, and a pretty warm one at that.  Banks and I once again did Stacy Park, and he once again did the whole thing.  My left leg was bothering me, even with the brace, and we skipped the hills. 
This birthday (a couple of weeks late) marked a new era – the first time I can remember that Sam got me a totally unexpected present, rather than a gift certificate to a coffee house, bookstore or movie theater.  It’s a beautiful stainless steel Fossil watch, and  it showed me that he knows I prefer silver, and that I like big and clunky jewelry, as opposed to small and dainty.  I love it, but envisioning him at the Nordstrom watch counter, looking them watches over and trying to decide which one I’d like best, makes me absolutely cherish it.

Today is the last day of September, and officially the last birthday celebration of the month.  Julie and Robert, our old college friends, are taking Lynn and me out to dinner at a very cool-sounding place, Hillside Farmacy.  I think it’s new-ish, and works only with local farms.  I’ll tell you all about it tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment