Wednesday, September 5, 2012

This is Dedication

I had a late meeting and didn't get home til almost 7:00.  I ate a quick dinner.  The Cowboys' first game of the season was starting at 7:30.  I've been waiting for this moment for seven months.  But I took my walk.  I was in a bad mood, and needed the endorphins more than I needed to keep the streak going.  Well, I take that back.  Nothing is more important than the streak.

Banks and I did our usual neighborhood walk, and when I brought him back, it was exactly 45 minutes, so I duplicated the walk.  Got back a few minutes ago and turned immediately to the game.  The Cowboys were leading the Superbowl champs 14-3!  Three minutes later, they were leading 14-10. There's another quarter and 5:00 minutes left, plenty of time to break my heart again. 

OMG! A huge run, and the Cowboys are on the 25 yard line!  Gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment