Thursday, October 18, 2012

SoCo Cool

Oh, what a fabulous walk tonight!  As soon as we headed out, I realized I’d underdressed – the sun was totally down and the air was chilly, and I only had on shorts and a long-sleeve tee.   As always, just walking generated some heat, so it was fine.  This time, I took a totally spontaneous right turn on my street, then another right onto South Congress, and off we went.   We haven’t done the South Congress thing since the weather turned cool, and it was beautiful. Lots of people out, cool band playing at Guerro’s, a pretty good guitarist at the food trailers, and of course music blaring out of the Continental Club.  Why don’t we do this more often?? Banks was in heaven.  He kept right with me, step by step, and I had a revelation that his flop-downs on the grass at St. Ed’s are probably more about boredom than exhaustion.  We went all the way to the bridge, crossed over and started uphill again, with just enough detours through the residential streets to bring us in at five miles.

I had a sobering thought just before we left.  I had an exhausting day at work, got home late, fixed myself a turkey sandwich, and would have loved nothing more than to just hit the sack early.  What am I going to do when that’s actually an option for me?  It scares me a little.  I reassure myself with the reminder that I can keep fit by working out in some capacity four or five days a week, but four or five is not the same as six, and what if I just get out of the habit?  I can’t let that happen.  I WON’T!  I will not give up these legs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment