Sunday, October 21, 2012

Dense

Every so often, before I start blogging, I ask myself "Do I really want to share this?  Do I really want these people to know how unbelievably stupid I can be?"  Since I don't think anyone has any illusions about me at this point, I usually just put it out there.

Since I've got a very full day ahead, including a long report that's due tomorrow, as well as a date tonight (I know.  I'm as shocked as you are), I decided to do my five as soon as I got up. Left the house at 6:00.  Felt like wearing my lightweight canvas shoes rather than my tennies. Felt like leaving Banks at home so I could have my hands free to manipulate my tunes.  It was warm and muggy, even at that hour.  I walked around the neighborhood a while, then took on the Stacy Park hills.  Marveled at the fact that, as much pain as I was in yesterday, this morning my knee felt JUST FINE.  Gave a few minutes of thought to that.  Maybe my feet are more comfortable in these shoes. Oh, wait....didn't I hear something about....isn't there some kind of connection between...okay, I remember.  The last time I bought new shoes, the salesman told me to purchase a new pair every, oh, I don't know, 500 miles?  Three hundred?  Didn't he say something about how you knew when it was time to replace your shoes because your knees would start hurting? 

I've got two pairs of shoes. I keep one pair at the office and one at home, and I've lost track of which is the newer pair.  Is it that simple?  The shoes are worn down in crucial areas, and it's putting pressure on my left knee?  My bones actually are NOT grinding together like metal on metal? 

Okay. I'm going to assume I'm on to something here and pick up a new pair.  How wonderful if I find out that this is a temporary problem with a simple solution. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment