Saturday, July 21, 2012

Plateau

I had a 1:00 meeting in south Austin today.  Since I’ve gotten up early the last couple of days, I thought I’d give myself a break this morning, especially since my casual dinner party lasted til almost midnight last night.  While googling the directions to my meeting, I noticed a park in the vicinity, googled that, and read some reviews about great hiking trails.  So I dressed casually, and after the meeting, drove the 1.1 miles down Slaughter Lane which was supposed to bring me to the park, and….nothing.  If it wasn’t so hot – already over 100 degrees – I might have driven around a bit, but I decided to seize the bull by the horns and take a nap. 
I finally got started at 7:15.  Both knees were hurting, and I put a brace on the left one.  The long and sloping hills in Travis Heights have, I think, taken more of a toll than I thought.  I started out at a plodding pace, and picked up speed as I went.  This is a pattern I’m becoming used to – overdo it, suffer some pain, and work the pain out through slower, flatter walks over the next couple of days. 
I weighed myself yesterday afternoon after several weeks.  I’m at the same stubborn 17-18 pound loss.  I was disappointed, but not surprised – I can tell I’m at a plateau – and immediately made a plan.  I’ll do a weigh-in on August 1, with the goal of losing 3-4 pounds per month for the rest of the year.  That would be a total of 35 or 40 pounds, which was pretty much exactly my goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment