Monday, July 2, 2012

Overdone

Another day, another day’s worth of lessons learned at the gym.  For example: the headphones that would make it possible to listen to the TV, as well as watch it?  They got rid of them.  Apparently the patrons kept breaking them.  It seems kind of silly, four or five screens with different programs running simultaneously, and even though none of us can hear a word, all eyes remain glued to the sets. I wonder if it would be possible to buy my own earphones?  I’ll ask them about this.

But the real lesson came on the treadmill. As I’ve said before, it’s very different from walking outdoors. The fact that I can control the speed, and see the numbers clicking higher and higher, makes me want to go as fast as possible.  I actually ran three different times; for three minutes, later for five, later for another three, and those numbers really start climbing.
So it was a great cardio workout, but I’m sore.  My left hip feels tight, the backs of my calves ache a little, and there’s a nagging pull at the base of my left knee.  I overdid it.  Live and learn.  Maybe it’d make more sense to ignore the odometer, watch the clock and go for 45 minutes.
After I came home I walked Banks 1.7, and it was a relief to walk at my regular pace.  Tomorrow, I’m going to try – TRY – to do the gym in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment